After our big holiday away to Los Angeles, we decided that we fancied a short city break to finish the year off.
Thankfully Ryanair had a huge sale on plane tickets and we booked a trip to Oslo, a city that I’ve wanted to visit for years.From flying out of Edinburgh on the Thursday afternoon and flying back on the Saturday evening it meant that we didn’t have the longest of times there with only one full day, so it was a very fleeting visit.
That didn’t put us off though and we made sure that we did as many things as we could and didn’t waste a moment.
Although we didn’t have that long there, I don’t feel like we missed out on any of the city or that it was too short a trip. Sure there were things that we couldn’t fit in, but I loved it.
We ate at The Nighthawk Diner, drank coffee from Tim Wendelboe and explored all the awesome street art that the city has to offer in Ingens Gate and that’s just part of everything we managed to squeeze in.
I can definitely see myself returning to Norway at some point in the future to explore more of the country and see more of the countryside.
It is so beautiful, but my god it is cold, so wrap up warm and enjoy the pictures.
Things to do:
- Eat at the Nighthawk Diner
- Drink Coffee at Tim Wendelboe
- Visit the Mathallen Oslo
- Walk through Ingens Gate to see the art
- See The Scream by Edvard Munch
- Visit the Royal Palace and look over the city behind you
- Dance around the Opera House
- Stay in an Air BnB in Sentrum. Much cheaper and some amazing apartments.
- Just wander the streets. You can see so much just by exploring. Drop all plans and just turn some corners. I’m sure you won’t regret it.
Have you ever visited Oslo? What did you love the most about it? Let me know in the comments below.